Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Manly tea Party

There is this great blog called I am Momma - Hear Me Roar. I fell in love with her blog because she has two boys and makes very fun things for them and she gives me lots of ideas to do for my boys.

A little over a month ago, she did a post about a Little Man's Tea Party that she did for one of  her boys.  I thought it was such a fun idea and so Andrew and I decided to have a fun little party with a few boys over.  When I told Keagan about it, he was so excited.  Yesterday (Monday) we had our Manly Tea Party.  We had so much fun.  When the boys got here, they put on their bow ties that I had made using this Tutorial, they then decorated their hats with stickers. 
 
After decorated our hats and getting dressed up, we proceeded outside and had an obstacle course.  They were to crawl through the fire truck, over four little step stools, up the ladder of our playhouse, down the slide and back to the fire truck.  They then played outside having races and swinging.

Then they came in to have a lunch of tie-shaped sandwiches, chips and grapes. 
 
Dessert were these cute mustache shaped cream filled chocolate cakes (Andrew was the great artists behind all the drawing).
We then played bean bag games which included throwing the bags through the alligator's mouth. 
The afternoon was finished off by playing with playdough until the party was over.  The boys then got to take home their hats, bowties and some playdough.

I ended up with an extra bowtie and decided to put in on Bauer for fun while we were all playing outside.  Within minutes, he managed to get it turned and in his mouh for his chewing pleasure. 
I had so much fun planning and hosting this party and my boys had fun playing with the other boys.

7 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Awww! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing this with me! I love that you gave them hats and bow ties as well. They look adorable and your tie sandwichs and 'stache cakes look great, too. Way to go!

Cheri

Vera said...

How cool is that? I love your wreath also!!!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I always miss out on the fun. (And trust me, Ryker and I would much rather have been partying with you guys.) I love how creative you are and always so willing to share.

Nikki said...

such fun brenda! thanks again for doing it, william had a ton of fun!

Dangela said...

Awesome party, and very handsome dudes!

Drew Watts said...

Amazing party!! Very happy to see this awesome manly tea party. The kids are so cute and look lovely in hats. The tie-shaped sandwich and moustache cakes sounds interesting. Want to try them for my son’s tea party that will be arranged at one of San Francisco event venues. Thanks for sharing the post.

Anonymous said...

شركة انشاء مسابح