Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cookie Suckers

Tonight (Tuesday) we made Halloween cookie suckers.  I saw this idea on How Does She, but we did a couple of things different.  For the Mummy's I didn't want to buy the candy eyes, so I used mini chocolate chips for eyes instead.  Then for the Tombstones I didn't want to buy black candy coloring and I didn't want to buy green candy melts, so instead is used a color mist food color spray for the tombstone.  After the tombstones and color mist was dry, I piped the RIP on and then piped some lines at the bottom and used green sprinkles to try to make it look like grass.

Andrew and I were too busy making sure that Keagan and Deker didn't eat too many cookies that we forgot to get the camera out.  We didn't want very many of these sitting around our house, so we packaged them up and took them to some of our friends so we didn't have to eat them all.  Here is the quick picture I took just as we were walking out the door to deliver them tonight.

4 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

They were YUMMY!!!

Cristie and girls said...

I saw this cookie idea on that website, but we haven't had time to make them yet. They look both yummy and fun to make. I love how yours turned out. I was thinkig of using red hots for the eyes, but I like the choco chips. I also like how your tombstones turned out better than on the website. Great job!

Karla said...

We loved the cookies thanks. I had one of each last night!

Dangela said...

Those are adorable!!! I love them!