Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mummies

My sister Marie called me today and gave me a great Halloween craft idea.  I loved it so much that I decided to do it today with the boys.  You will need a cardboard box (like a cereal box), white material cut or torn into approximately 2 inch strips, eyes (I cut 2 circles out of blue paper because that is what I had and put it onto a bigger white circle) and a hot glue gun.  If you want to make it look a little nicer, you can wrap your box in white paper, I didn't have the time to do that.  Start with a little hot glue at the bottom and begin wrapping the material around the box. 

My boys had so much fun that after wrapping the cereal box they wanted to do it again, so I went to our recycle box and found two granola bar boxes.  Keagan wrapped his, then wanted eyes.  Deker wanted eyes as well, but he ended up putting his material inside the box.  They were very excited to show their creations to Dad when he got home. 

Thank you for the wonderful idea, Marie!

3 comments:

Karla said...

These are great crafts. You are such a great mom!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

So cute! I love simple crafts that children love.

Dangela said...

What fun--you are going to have to teach me all these cute ideas if we ever get kids.