Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Day. We had a great day even though it went nothing like we had planned. Andrew was supposed to get home from work Wednesday morning and we were going to drive down to Caliente to spend a couple of days with my family.  On Monday night, we packed up our clothes, food that didn't need to be in the fridge and other misc. stuff. 

On Tuesday morning, it snowed here some and it snowed a lot where Andrew was headed.  He got delayed and the roads weren't good, so Tuesday night we decided we better not go.  I woke up on morning and thought, well if Andrew gets home early afternoon, maybe we can drive half-way and then the rest of the way on Thursday morning.  I called Andrew around 10:00 and he told me that the breaks on his trailer froze overnight and he couldn't move his truck.  So, with that and the bad roads, he didn't get home until around 6:30 that night. 

When we realized we were going to be able to go, we decided that we would go out to eat for lunch and then have the dips that I was planning on making for dinner.  Here are the highlights.  A few weeks ago, we made these turkey shirts for the boys.  Those on their handprints on their shirts.

 
We we are snuggling (or nugs and Deker says it) watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Here we are snuggling again after the boys got up from their nap.
The boys munching on Spinach Dip and Cheese ball while watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
We had a fun day, but missed my family terrible.  Now I need to face the task of unpacking all our stuff.

7 comments:

Dangela said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Picanco family! I'm sorry you weren't able to go visit your family. It's always a disappointment when something you are really looking forward to doesn't work out. It sounds like you did have a good day, though. Sometimes staying home for the holidays is fun, too!

Nikki said...

How did you make those ADORABLE shirts? I LOVE those? Please let me know - Nikki Wittwer

Jen said...

Those shirts turned out really cute! I LOVE the second picture of you snuggled with your boys! Very cute!

Veronica Haley said...

I was SUPER sad when i found out you weren't able to come . . . We missed you a ton!

Kevin and Ann said...

Sorry you could not make it. We missed you.

Karla said...

Wish we had known your plans fell through, we would have invited you to come with us to Brent's mom's house. She had more than enough food and we would have LOVED to have had you all!

ang said...

sorry you couldn't make it to caliente - that storm had terrible timing! my parents came up but came a day later than planned due to the storm.

and those shirts are SOOOOOOOOOOO cute. no kidding - i love them. i would like to know how you made them too if it's not too hard to explain you can email me ang978(at)yahoo(dot)com. so talented!

oh and i can't wait to see if your baby has curly hair - he's so darling!