Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Update on the Picanco Family!

It has been a few weeks since I last updated our blog, so I thought I would do a post letting you know the few things that have been going on.

First of all, Deker is growing bigger and bigger each day. He has been coo-ing and smiling a lot and is starting to laugh a little. Things were pretty rough with him for a little while there, but once we found a paci that he likes, it is getting a lot better. He likes the same type of paci that Keagan liked (either the soothie or the pacee-see picture below). When Keagan was a baby, those are the only paci's the he would take and at that time they didn't sell them in the store. So, with Deker I tried so hard to get him to take a different kind, but he wouldn't. Thank you to our friend Dan who works in the NICU for hooking us up with more.



Now for Keagan...He is as crazy and active as ever. His latest new thing to say is "Patient". He usually says it when he is really acting up and I feel myself starting to loose my patience with him. I am not sure if he is telling me to be patient or if he got it from me telling him to be patient while I am trying to finish something.

Also, last week we started potty training Keagan and it is going really well (knock on wood). I feel like he really has gotten it figured out. We started Wednesday (Oct. 1) and I was ready to give up after only half a day. Andrew kept me going through the day and then that night I called my sister Marie who has potty trained 5 kids and asked for her advice. She told me to stick with it for a few days. The next day was MUCH better with only 1 little accident in the morning. Since then, he has had maybe 4 accidents (two of which were within 5 minutes of each other and he was really tired and cranky from waking up too early that morning). Today we went shopping and twice he told us potty and Andrew was able to take him to the bathroom. The last two mornings his diaper has been barely wet. I am so proud of what he has accomplished and how quickly he has taken to potty-training. I couldn't ask for it to go any better. Now I am just crossing my fingers that he doesn't have a relapse like I have heard some mom's talk about. We took him to the store to pick out some underware and he chose Elmo & Thomas...go figure.

One other funny thing with Keagan, when he finds my headband, he likes to put it on and wear it. Here is a picture of Keagan wearing my headband. I think he looks pretty funny with his curly hair sticking out the top. Andrew says "Here comes the next Richard Simmons".

3 comments:

Kristy and Erik said...

Hey you,
We do need to get together. So you give me a call. I am just hanging out. I will need some advice on the potty training. I tried for a day and gave up. Addison wants it really bad she just isn't getting it. Your boys are growing up on me. They are so cute. You call me your the one with a new one.

Erin said...

I'm sad I can't be there to see Deker! That Richard Simmons comment made me laugh out loud. And now I know who to call when Tyler is old enough to be through with diapers!

CORMELS said...

I can't believe how big Deker is all ready! Can't wait to see you soon. Love the headband and the Simmons comment!! Awesome on the potty training!

M