Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Costumes

 This year for Halloween Andrew and I decided to make it easier on us that we would have the boys be construction workers.  When we brought that idea up to the boys, they were very excited about it.  This costume was probably one of the easiest and cheapest ones we have ever done.  The boys already had hard hats from Christmas last year, their tool belts were ones that I made for them a few years ago.  I was going to make the orange vests but happened to see the ones they are wearing at the dollar store a few weeks ago.  It was a good thing we did this because with Girls Weekend and my big bike ride all in the first few weeks of October, I am not sure I would have had time to make anything. 

I love how cute they all look in their Construction outfits.  Deker, though, keeps telling me that he doesn't want to just pretend to be a construction worker, he wants to be a real one! 

Andrew put on his hard hat and tool belt.  We found a hard hat for me for a dollar at a thrift store and painted it pink, but unfortunately we forgot to get a picture of me with it on.  
Keagan
Deker was so excited about the light on his hat and kept talking about how it helps to light the way so that we can see in the dark.  He sure was proud of it. 
Bauer, he is looking so grown-up. 
Here is how Andrew decorated our trunk for the Trunk or Treat.  We got a ton of compliments on our trunk and theme this year. 

2 comments:

Karla said...

Awesome

Dangela said...

LOVE it! You are definitely mom of the year, Brenda! I hope to be half as a good a mom as you are!