Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The rest of the Vacation

 I have my sister Vera to thank for these pictures.  I am not good at getting my camera out.  Keagan  had Thursday and Friday off of school for Parent Teacher conference so we headed down to my parents house Thursday morning.  We had a lot of fun visiting with family and enjoying the small town life.

On Friday afternoon we went out to the gun range for shooting and rhino rides.  Here is a fence that is made out of the railroad lines.  I was helping Keagan walk along it, he was kind of scared and I can see why. 
Andrew decided to show off his balancing skills. 
The trains go right behind my parents house.  The kids all love running to the back door to see the trains as they come through. 
My sister Vera had built this cool toy kitchen for my sister Jeanette's girls.  All the kids had a great time playing with it.  Deker even told me yesterday (over a week later) that he really wants a toy kitchen like the one Vera made. 
Grandma taking a turn giving the rhino rides.
Keagan and Bauer playing Angry Birds with their cousin Tyler.
There is a burger place called J&J's that I love to go to and get Piccadilly chips.  While there, Andrew decided to try on Deker's jackets.  If you know Tommy Boy you know what is going through my head. 
On one of our walks, a train was passing by, you can see the really fun Train Depot behind it. 
We had so much fun on our trip, unfortunately our trip home wasn't quite a great.  All three boys ended up getting the flu on the way home.  It started with Keagan about 2 hours into our 8 hour trip home.  Bauer joined him a little later and Deker joined in about 2 1/2 hours from home.  After a turning around 10 miles out of the town we left to get bowls and disinfectant spray with a powerful scent and 17 stops to clean up throw-up and/or rinse out those bowls we went back to get.  Our 8 hour drive took us 12 hours and all we did for dinner for Andrew and I (none of the boys were in any shape to eat) was to go through a drive through in Twin Falls.  But at least Andrew kept up a good attitude and kept laughing so that I didn't get too upset about it all. 

No comments: