Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Pie, Birthday & Funny Moment

One day when I was cutting up some apples for the boys I thought about our apple peeler/corer/slicer that we have and I remembered that the boys have never seen it.  So next time I was at the store I got extra apples so that we could make apple pie.  The boys had a lot of fun taking turns turning the handle and cutting the apples.   Andrew took a long peel and and started eating it so the boys joined in the fun.  The pie was too yummy and I didn't take a picture of the finished product. 

Keagan enjoying his peel.
 Deker and Bauer enjoying their peel. 
I hope Deker isn't going to hate me for putting this picture up, but it is too funny not to post.  One day Deker and Bauer had this Buzz Lightyear computer thing downstairs and were playing with it a lot.  Then as I was walking down the hallway, I happened to look over and saw this picture:
I immediately had to run and get the camera to capture this priceless moment. 

A couple of weeks ago was Andrew's birthday.  We were actually going to be in Nevada for his actual birthday (I was participating in the Park to Park Pedal the day after his birthday, more to come on that later).  So the day before we left we went out to dinner and gave him his present (a Jigsaw per his request).  Funny story about the present, a week before his birthday I took Deker and Bauer to Home Depot to purchase this jigsaw.  Then the next day we needed to go to Home Depot again with Andrew to get some wood for a project.  As we were pulling into the parking lot I hear Deker say "I am not going to tell him what we got".  I said sshh Deker don't say anything.  Then as we walk into Home Depot Deker says "I am not going to tell Dad what we got here" and told him not to say anything and he says "But I didn't tell him what we got here."  Then as we walked by the tools he pointed to the tools said "I am not going to tell him that is where we got it."  By this time Andrew knows exactly what we got him and I said something and Deker said "But I didn't tell him what we got!"
When were were down in Caliente, on the day of his birthday we sang Happy Birthday and had cake with all that were there.  We made this Snickers Cake that one of my sisters posted about on Smithalicious.  It was so good.  Now, though, Bauer's favorite song is "Happy Daddy" and wants to sing it All the time. 
Happy Birthday, Andrew, thank you for being such a wonderful husband and father!

No comments: