Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

My parents came up to visit from Nevada for the weekend.  They arrived on Friday afternoon and left on Sunday after church.  We had so much fun with them and were so glad that they came.  On Saturday morning, we went down to the Nature Center.  I forgot my camera, but my parents took a couple of pictures from their cell phone. 

Here are the boys playing in the stream simulator inside.  They thought this was so much fun and didn't want to leave it. 
Bauer looking cute. 
My little owls.
Whenever we have anybody at our house, one of the first things that my boys do is ask them to read books to them.  Here is a picture I got of my Dad reading a book to Bauer.  Any guess on what the book is about?  Tractors! 
That night our ward had a harvest dinner and trunk or treat.  There was a dinner of chili, chips and cupcakes.  Afterward, there was a bounce house, scary tent and games for the kids to play, followed by the Trunk or Treat.  I was so excited to finally see the boys in their finished costumes.  They were the Three Musketeers.  I thought they were quite adorable and we got a lot of great comments on them throughout the weekend.
Keagan and Grandma (my Mom) Sword fighting. 
Keagan "getting" Andrew. 
Andrew using Bauer's sword to "get" Deker.
On Monday, Keagan's kindergarten class wore their costumes to school and then towards the end of their school day, there was a costume parade.  I dressed up Deker and Bauer and went to the parade.  Here is Keagan's class. 
That night, we went trick or treating around our neighborhood, then gladly came home when it got dark to watch some Halloween cartoons and pass out candy to the kids that came by. 

1 comment:

Dangela said...

Your boys looked so adorable. I love their costumes!!