Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Adam

What is Christmas Adam?  Well, Adam came before Eve.  This is something that I got from my Mom, but it is a lot of fun to say and to see peoples reactions. 

I have been wanting to do some posts about our Christmas happenings, but never got around to it.  Since Christmas kind of snuck up on me this year, I have been busy making presents and trying to fit in some fun Christmas activities.  Here is a run down of a few of our activities:

It took 3 days over the course of a week or more to get our tree up and decorated, but we got it done. 
We made some of the ornaments for the tree. For the Candy Canes, I cut out two pieces of white material and put a piece of batting in between the sewed lines in it.  For the Stars and Bells we cut the shapes our of white card stock, brushed them with corn syrup, put a few drops of food coloring on them and then swirled the colors around.  A very fun activity for the kids and adults.  We also made the Cinnamon angels and gingerbread men. 
This was our first year going to the Winter Garden Aglow at the Idaho Botanical Gardens. It was amazing and I think this is something we will be doing every year.
We took the boys down to the mall to see Santa Claus.  Keagan was really excited, Deker was a little nervous, but put on a pretty good front and Bauer didn't really care.  Yea for a Santa picture where nobody was crying. 
On Sunday, I came across this really yummy sounding recipe for Holiday Chex Mix.  It sounded so good and I had everything on hand, so I made some.  I may or may not have made at least one more batch since then.  After dinner, we drove around to look at Christmas Lights and of course, we snacked on this yummy snack.  I put the recipe on Smithalicious.
Tonight we made sugar cookies while watching BSU play and win the Maaco Bowl in Las Vegas.  We got as far as baking them, tomorrow the boys and I will made frosting and decorate. 
Merry Christmas Adam from my family to yours!

1 comment:

Dangela said...

Merry Christmas Adam to you! It looks like you guys have had a fun filled Christmas season. I wouldn't expect any less--you guys are always up to something fun.