Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Recent Happenings

A few weeks ago, our computer decided that it wasn't going to work anymore. Because of that, Andrew and I decided to get a new one. We finally got it ordered and it arrived last Friday. It has been so nice to have a computer again.

I have been keeping myself busy the past couple of weeks getting a bunch of my sewing projects done. I have finished the baby bedding (quilt, bumper, crib skirt, diaper hanger, mobile, curtains and wall hangings), made a couple of blankets, etc. I love how everything is turning out and I hope to have the room painted, Deker out of the crib and everything put together in a few weeks. I am excited to see it all put together.

One project that I got done this past weekend was to recover the bouncy seat. When Andrew and I sat down to look at it and decide how to go about it, we decided to make a slip cover for it. So, on Sunday we took bouncy seat from this:
To This:
I really love how it turned out. With all the sewing that I have been doing lately, I am very grateful that my Mom tought me how to sew when I was younger.
The other big news at our house was last weekend, we purchased a swing set for our back yard. Andrew, with the help of our friend Dan, and despite the help/hinderance of Keagan & Deker they got it all put up on Monday. Of course, the first think Keagan wanted to do this morning was go outside and play on it.

7 comments:

Erin said...

That bouncy seat cover is so cute! I can barely sew and seeing you make such cute things makes me want to get better. That swing set looks like a lot of fun!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I love it!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Karla said...

what a great talent you have.

Meghan & Chase said...

Wow Brenda, you are so talented- I wish my mom would have passed on sewing skills to me! what a fun playset- you're all set for a great spring and summer!

Veronica Haley said...

love the pokie-dots! so cute! the playset looks like so much fun.

Em and Tom said...

All that stuff looks awesome! Swing sets are so nice to have. Keep up with the sewing you are good at it!

Dangela said...

Dan had a lot of fun putting the swing together. I'm glad the boys are enjoying it so much.

Can't wait to see the room finished--Bauer is going to have the most adorable boys room ever!