Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a Weekend

Who: My mom, all my sisters and sisters-in-law and my niece and Bauer
What: Girls Weekend 2011
When: March 3-6
Where: At the Wiscombe Funeral Home in Davis, California
Why: Because we love to have fun!

This past weekend, Bauer and I flew on an Airplane to Davis, California (just outside Sacramento).  My sister, Vera, just purchased a funeral home in Davis, so we all partied it up in the house above it.  On Thursday we all arrived in California and our fun times began.  On Friday, we took the Amtrak to San Francisco.  We walked around, shopped, took a couple of bus tours and ate. 

All of us waiting at the Amtrak station in Davis. 
Bauer and I on the Amtrak.  He just woke up from a nap.
All of us on on the top of a double decker bus ready for our tour of San Francisco.
Saturday, we went to the Farmers Market and walked around Davis.  That afternoon, we had a Baby Shower for my Sister-in-law, Melissa who is having her first girl.  We spent the rest of the day talking, laughing and eating. 
On Sunday morning, those who had a long drive back headed home.  Vera took the two of us that were still there to a small town called Winters to have a yummy breakfast at a great cafe there.  We then went back to her place and relaxed.  I think we even slept a little.  Then it was time to head to he airport and fly back home.

Bauer was an awesome baby and was very patient and easy going.  I missed my family lots, but had a lot of fun with my sisters. I am so grateful to have such a great family.  I am also grateful for our friends, Dan  & Angela who took Keagan and Deker for two days and loved on them and showed them a great time.

2 comments:

Vera said...

It was great having everyone out here. I, too, want to thank Dan and Angela (again) for watching the boys so Brenda could come out. We really enjoyed having Brenda (and Bauer) here with us!!!

Dangela said...

Glad you were able to go--looks like it was a lot of fun. It makes me wish I had sisters. Oh well, we got to hang out with two awesome boys--even better!!!