Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas!

Wow, we had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve we drove around looking at Christmas lights. After we got home, we each opened one gift that had matching PJ's that Andrew and I made. Then set out cookies for Santa that Keagan, Deker and I had made earlier that day.
When the boy's woke up the following morning, they found their Santa gift and looked in their stocking. They both got computers which they have loved playing with. In their stockings were doodle boards, fish & fishing pole (which Andrew and I made) and a few treats.
For breakfast that morning, we made Santa Pancakes which were very yummy. I found the idea last year on Ramblings of a Crazy Woman. Here is how they turned out.

After breakfast we opened the rest of our gifts. The boys each got a toolbox with a toolbelt (that Andrew and I made. I found the idea on Here), books, puzzles, firehat and few other misc. things. After that, we spent the rest of the day, playing with our new toys, relaxing and packing for our trip to Nevada.
The next day, we traveled down to Southern Nevada to spend some time with my Mom and Dad, brothers, sisters and their families (27 people in all plus 2 on the way). I don't have many pictures from this part of our Christmas, but should be getting some soon.
We exchanged our gifts (the adults drew names earlier in the year as did all the cousins). On Sunday we all went to church with my parents then had a very delicious Christmas dinner. The girls then escaped to throw a little baby shower for my sister-in-law Melissa who is due in 2 weeks. Then back for yummy dessert.

Deker was quite taken with the babies (his twin cousins Emmalyn and Brooklyn). Anytime they were in the room, he wanted to hold them. Hopefully that is a good sign and he will be a good big brother when our little one arrives. Keagan had a blast playing with all his cousins and was quite upset to be leaving.

3 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

I love that you guys make stuff together! I love all your matching pj's!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas to you guys. I can't wait to see all the things that you made. You are so amazing!

Dangela said...

What a wonderful Christmas! I love the PJ's--the fact that you made them makes them all the more special. What a great touch! And of course, I love the pancakes. If Dan and I get kids, I am going to have to take lessons from you. You are an amazing mom!